Category: mlyofjsk

January 14, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgShare this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img

January 12, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_img…911 calls went unansweredA family of four is now counting their blessings for being alive after three armed bandits invaded their La Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank of Demerara home during the week hours of Wednesday morning.Naresh PersaudReports are at about 02:00h, the Persaud family of Lot 546 Recht Door Zee, Parfaite Harmonie Housing Scheme, WBD, was awakened by three armed men who began demanding cash and valuables while beating them.Naresh Persaud, 43, and his wife Samantha Thakurdeen, 38, operates a general store in the housing scheme. Persaud reported that while sleeping he felt a hand around his throat and when he opened his eyes he was confronted by two men in his room.He was gun butted to his head several times while his wife watched on and screamed in horror, resulting in one of the men hitting her to the face. The men then began demanding cash and jewellery, but the family had very little valuables in the home.Persaud’s son, 19-year-old Sachin, told Guyana Times that the entire ordeal lasted over one hour. The University of Guyana student related that one of the bandits went into his room, woke him and started demanding money and jewellery. He related that when he told them that there was not much valuables in the house, the gunmen became enraged.“They ushered me to the room where my parents were and my father was lying on the ground, covered, like he was, I don’t know if they were beating him. My sister was on the bed looking on and my mother was on her knees with a big swell on her cheek,” Persaud recounted.The teenager was then thrown to the ground and ordered to huddle near his family. Persaud said the gunmen then began to ransack the house and collected what little money they could find.The Persaud’s home“They said you guys don’t have any money. That’s all the money you have? Let’s beat them. Let’s torture them,” the young man narrated.The men then proceeded to ransack the house and got away with a minimal amount of cash, cellphones, some jewellery, a laptop, colognes and other items from the shop. It is suspected that the men gained entry by cutting a hole in the roof of the shop and then prised open a grill door to gain access to the house.“They told us to close our eyes because they don’t want us to see them…and we didn’t have any money, that’s why my dad was being harassed…they wore my clothes from the closet. They said ‘wow, you have nice clothes’. The guy [bandit] pull a shirt and pants on. He took all of my colognes because I had a wide variety of perfume on my vanity and he was like ‘wow, do you have people overseas or something?” Sachin related.The bandits then began to hurry each other up as they were all scattered in the house hunting for items of value.The family called on the authorities to seriously consider establishing a Police Outpost in the large housing scheme as they await the construction of a Police station. They reported that numerous robberies are being committed on resident with very little action from the Police.Following the robbery, the family called 911 but the phone rang out twice forcing them to look for a number for the La Grange Police Station and making subsequent contact. No arrests have been made so far and the Police investigation is still ongoing.last_img read more

January 11, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgL.A.’s Skid Row is a 50-square-block area where an estimated 3,700 homeless men and women lived in 2005. The area has the city’s largest concentration of single-room occupancy hotels and public or nonprofit services for the mentally ill and homeless. “Police and prosecutors are not the total answer. We need a regional commitment,” said Estela Lopez, executive director of the Central City East Association, which represents property owners in the neighborhood. “We are on the right track. It will take more than a few months.” rachel.uranga@dailynews.com (818) 713-3741160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! A five-month effort by the Los Angeles Police Department to clean up Skid Row was blasted Tuesday by critics who said it has led to widespread harassment of the city’s mostly African-American homeless population. For more than two hours, a dozen homeless people and service providers complained to the Police Commission about what they said is a hostile environment on the poverty-stricken streets. “We found instances in which Skid Row residents walking around the street doing nothing wrong were accosted by the police, ordered against the wall, handcuffed and searched without reason,” said Peter Bibring, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney. “This is happening on an ongoing basis. It appears that officers are stopping whoever they want, whenever they want.” After the hearing, however, Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton said the effort has been successful and has led to fewer reported deaths in the area and more arrests. “I have every confidence that the department and its members are operating constitutionally, compassionately and consistently,” Bratton said. But Bibring, saying city government has not delivered on Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa’s promises to aid the homeless with low-income housing, insisted that an “enforcement-only approach” has not worked. Still, business owners praised the effort as a first step. And despite months of protests from a handful of disgruntled Skid Row residents, LAPD internal reports show that citizen complaints against officers were actually down in the Central Division. “There may be a perception that people are harassed more, but there’s been an infusion of more resources to the area,” which has led to more arrests, said City Councilwoman Jan Perry, who represents the area. last_img read more

December 28, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_img 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SAN FRANCISCO – A condemned inmate who won a last-minute reprieve in February from being executed has filed another lawsuit claiming there must be public hearings before San Quentin State Prison changes its lethal-injection protocol. Michael Morales, 46, is also challenging the state’s method of execution, saying it amounts to cruel and unusual punishment. In response to that suit, a federal judge has said a licensed medical practitioner must be present to ensure that the drugs are flowing smoothly so Morales would avoid any unnecessary pain, but no licensed practitioner stepped forward. The Feb. 21 scheduled execution then was put on hold, and the judge said he would hold hearings in May on whether the injection method was cruel and unusual punishment. Last month, in response to that suit, the prison said it would continually drip a sedative during the three-drug execution to ensure that Morales is sedated when the paralyzing agent and heart-stopping drugs are injected.last_img read more

December 27, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_imgThe sunshine is here and Dunfanaghy is looking brilliant and playing beautifully. The course is very busy and the club house has a great atmosphere about it. Next Saturday the 21st June is our President’s day (Mr Brian Dolan). In the run up to that over the next week a number of Competitions will be taking place.The first of these competitions will be on Tuesday when the Ladies will play for the President’s Prize. . Wednesday is the normal Open Gents Stableford. Thursday is the President’s mixed scotch foursomes and on Friday evening we have the President’s Scramble at 4pm. Please take part and enjoy the competitions. The presentation of prizes for the president’s prize to the Ladies, the foursomes and the scramble will take place on Friday night after the last card. Good luck to our President Brian on his big day. The timesheets for all the above competitions are now open so please get your name down and good luck to all. The final of the Ryder cup competition takes place on Sunday and there is sure to be an exciting shootout. Any member not playing who is available to help on the day please contact the club.Congratulations to James Sweeney on a super hole in one on the 2nd on Sunday.Results; Sat 14/6/141st Geoff Rountree 40pts2nd Brian Wallace 38ptsGross Graham Cummings 26pts3rd Barry Treacher 37ptsCat AD Neil Patton 35pts BOT 9’s Hugh Ferry 21pts and Danny Sutherland 21 ptsCSS 37pts.Sunday 15/6/2014 Open 4BBB1st D Gallagher/P McGinley 42pts 2nd J Sweeney/T Bonar 40pts3rd D Porter/C Byrne 37pts BOTHole in One on 2nd James Sweeney.Fixtures;Wednesday 18th Open stableford competitionThursday 19th President,s Mixed foursomesFriday 20th President’s scrambleSaturday 21st President’s Day.Sunday 22nd Club stableford Ryder Cup Grand FinalGOLF NEWS: DUNFANAGHY IN GREAT SHAPE FOR PRESIDENT’S DAY was last modified: June 17th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:DUNFANAGHY GOLF CLUB NOTESlast_img read more

December 27, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_imgAction from yesterday’s game at the LYIT.There were mixed fortunes for the LYIT Men’s Soccer and GAA teams in their respective All-Ireland competitions yesterday afternoon.Niall McGonagle’s Men’s Soccer side recorded an impressive 1-0 win over Carlow IT’s B side in their last 16 clash at the Port Road campus.A superb free-kick from Cathal McDaid was enough to ensure the LYIT sides passage to the last eight of the CFAI Cup competition. Raymond Foy, Jordan Toland and Paul McVeigh all impressed for McGonagle’s side in a game which was played in very difficult conditions.However, there was heartbreak for the LYIT Men’s GAA team as they bowed out of The Trench Cup at the hands of Waterford IT.Despite excellent performances from Daragh Gallagher, Daire McDaid and Willie Gillespie the LYIT side were overpowered by a very well organised and determined Waterford IT side.LYIT trailed at half-time 0-06 to 0-04 but Waterford IT netted a crucial goal in the second-half and that score proved decisive. LYIT battled gamely to the end but to no avail as Waterford IT ran out winners on a score-line of Waterford IT 1-11 LYIT 0-08.That result means LYIT exit the prestigious Trench Cup competition. MIXED FORTUNES FOR LYIT MEN’S SOCCER AND GAA SIDES IN ALL-IRELAND COMPETITIONS was last modified: January 29th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalLYITsoccerlast_img read more

December 26, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_img ‘perfect fit” Carroll explains why he wanted to fail Liverpool medical before £35m move Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father According to Italian publication, Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus are hoping to get a deal over the line and Allegri has even spoken to Ronaldo about his plans for him in Italy.That, Juve hope, will give them the edge in negotiations as they continue working towards landing Ronaldo. fear Arsenal ace heading for January exit as German club ready bid for midfielder Ronaldo has a clause in his contract that Juventus want to activate Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star Signing imminent? Man United target ‘on flight’ to England for talks with club three-way race RANKED Man United ‘miss out’ on Minamino, West Ham scout Flamengo strikers, Auba wants out Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland TRANSFER NEWS 2 on his way GOSSIP LIVING THE DREAM Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade IN DEMAND heading off 2 It has been reported the player has a €100m (£88m) release clause in his current contract, which can only be activated by Italian clubs and it has also been claimed they are ready to pay Ronaldo a staggering £500,000-a-week. REAL DEAL Massimiliano Allegri has personally spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo in a bid to ensure Juventus is the Real Madrid star’s next club.Ronaldo has been linked with a move to Turin and the Serie A champions’ manager doesn’t want to leave anything to chance, especially with Manchester United, where he spent six years before his £80m transfer to Spain in 2009, said to also be interested in his signing. Euro expert explains why Liverpool should be so excited about Minaminolast_img read more

December 20, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_imgDespite Antonio Brown’s wishes, the free-agent Pro Bowl receiver will not be rejoining the Patriots, who reportedly have no interest in bringing back the troubled short-time Raider.League sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter the Patriots still will not consider a reunion with Brown, who played one game with New England this season before being released when reports surfaced of his alleged sexual misconduct against his … Click here if you’re unable to view the photo gallery on your mobile device.last_img read more

December 18, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_img16 November 2015“Sport is a significant part of any nation’s culture, leisure time, health and education,” said Sport and Recreation Minister Fikile Mbalula at the launch of the inaugural National Sports Week on 13 November.“When integrated into the broader framework of development, sport constitutes an important tool for advancing sustainable development in the different sectors of society.”National Sports Week will take place from today till 22 November. As part of South Africa’s National Development Plan, sport is recognised as a pillar to promoting social cohesion. It also acts as a catalyst for nation building.#NationalSportsWeek2015 logo: Discussion, Showcase, Engage, Honour pic.twitter.com/sk4XprWFTM— Dep. Sport & Rec (@SPORTandREC_RSA) November 13, 2015Sport, said the minister, had gained the attention of countries as a key contributor to attaining government priorities, with global leaders recognising that sport touched every aspect of a nation’s ethos.“Over the past decade, United Nations agencies, international sports federations, international non-governmental organisations and grassroots organisations have been using sporting events as tools for social development and peace,” the minister said.The aim of National Sports Week is to boost the development of sports; drive business through sport; and to foster open communication as a way to overcome the challenges confronting the sporting fraternity.Minister @MbalulaFikile unpacking the itinerary of #NationalSportsWeek2015 pic.twitter.com/5Htbfmzgkk— Dep. Sport & Rec (@SPORTandREC_RSA) November 13, 2015EventsAccording to the department, the following events will be taking place during National Sport Week:National Sport Business Exhibition: 14 to 17 NovemberInternational Sport Exchange Conference: 15 to 19 NovemberMinisterial Golf Day: 21 NovemberSouth African Sport Awards: 22 NovemberThe department will also provide sporting equipment to local sport clubs and various schools in Welkom, Hanover, Botshabelo, Kroonstad and Thaba Nchu.Source: South African Government News Agencylast_img read more

December 17, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest We are making a few drier changes in the forecast this morning. That right off should tell you there are no changes to the immediate short term part of the forecast. We continue to look dry through the weekend. Temps will be climbing a bit more today, and humidity values also are starting to work higher, meaning we should see our conditions be just a little more uncomfortable through the weekend too.  Our next front is still on track to move into the state early next week. We still think the best arrival time will be overnight Monday night through Tuesday. Clouds will be increasing on Monday, but it still will be plenty warm. We are pulling back on rain totals now for the frontal passage, with expected rains from a few hundredths to .5” but will keep coverage at nearly 80% of the state. The front just does not look as impressive, and we think the thunderstorm threat is low. There will be plenty of holes in the coverage too as the front sweeps through from NW to SE. So, we are just making this step this morning to mirror that reality. However, we are leaving the door open to seeing showers linger in eastern parts of Ohio through Wednesday morning, so rain totals may be toward the upper end of the range there more than anywhere else.  Behind the front, we go predominately dry again for the balance of the week through Saturday. Temps remain above normal and our humidity values stay high, and that leads to s bit of instability over the region. Because of that we can’t rule out a few pop up showers in that period, with a better likelihood of that Wednesday into Thursday rather than Friday and Saturday. But, to be clear, we think the majority of the state stays dry for the entire 4 day stretch.  The only other chance of rain we have in the forecast right now comes with another front for next Sunday, the 4th, a system that we are pulling forward one day because of faster development and tracking. This is the system we had penciled in for Monday the 5th in yesterday’s forecast. This front has potential for .1”-.6” rain fall from showers and thunderstorms with coverage at 60% of the state. This front moves through fairly smoothly and will then lead to another push of drier air behind it. The map at right shows rain totals through the 10 day period. These totals are below normal and below what is needed, especially if temps continue to climb, as we expect.  The extended period looks similar to the 10 day pattern. For the week of the 5th, we see mostly partly sunny skies, but humidity and warm air will make it so once again we just can’t completely rule out scattered showers for the Tuesday through Friday period. Coverage remains around 30% (or less) and the better chances still look to come for the Tuesday-Wednesday (6th and 7th) period vs. later that week. We referenced temps above… we will see 90s return to the state later this weekend and early next week, and the behind the frontal boundary passage, we see another surge of warm air later next week into the weekend, with another round of 90s over a large part of the state, coming in from the west and south.last_img read more