Category: azhakdtr

January 12, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Northeast B.C. Midget Predators are home this Sunday, November 3, as they take on the Beaverlodge Blades.Last weekend, the Predators were on the road in Richmond for the Richmond Pacific Coast Female Rep Classic.Prior to playing in Richmond, the Predators were in Williams Lake, on October 18 and 19, to play a handful of games.- Advertisement -The Midget Predators take on the Beaverlodge Blades this Sunday, November 3, at the Taylor Arena, with puck drop at 9:30 a.m.last_img read more

January 12, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgThe Royal Canadian Legion held its second Triathlon today at the Royal Canadian Legion building.                                                                                                     Picture: Amber Davy – Advertisement -The Triathlon at the Legion consited of darts, crib and pool. Teams would take turns competing in each event.                                                                                                             Picture: Amber DavyPeople from Fort St. John gather at the Lido Theatre to watch Denny Morrision compete for gold in the Men’s Team Pursuit Final.                                                                               Picture: Amber Davylast_img read more

January 11, 2020 | | Post a Comment
first_img“You know, look, at this point with all the controversy surrounding him, you ask Bud what he’s going to do and he’s going to demur and basically say `I don’t know yet,’ ” Fehr said. “We’ll wait and see what happens. I’m not going to prejudge anything.” Fehr said this is his 30th spring training tour, and for a change, there is no contract rancor between the union and owners. The sides reached a new labor agreement last October without the usual public angst. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Mitchell, hired by commissioner Bud Selig just before the start of the 2006 season, warned baseball owners in January that a lack of cooperation with his investigation into steroid use will “significantly increase” the chances of government involvement. Fehr, starting his annual spring training tour by meeting with the Arizona Diamondbacks, said Mitchell’s comments were unnecessary and important individual rights are involved. “I don’t think there’s anything productive for us to engage in a war,” Fehr said. “We spend a lot of time in this country lately with lawyers trying to get public relations advantage on things. I’m not sure that when you’re dealing with rights, which may be in some sense fairly technical and legal, that you ought to be doing that.” On another drug-related issue, Fehr said the union will “take a hard look” at any verified test to detect human growth hormone. That drug cannot be detected by a urine test, and a blood test is in its early stages of use. “So far as I know it hasn’t been peer reviewed by anybody,” he said. “Nobody knows the details. We’ll take a hard look at whatever it becomes when and if it becomes.” He believes baseball’s current anti-drug rules, strengthened under pressure from Congress, “are working pretty well.” Fehr sidestepped an opinion about Barry Bonds and whether Selig would honor him if the Giants slugger breaks Hank Aaron’s career home run record. center_img TUCSON, Ariz. – The players’ association will offer advice but said it’s the choice of each individual whether to cooperate with former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell’s investigation into steroids use. “We haven’t made any comment about the Mitchell investigation specifically,” union head Donald Fehr said Monday. “What you should expect, however, is that any time any player has an issue with that or something arises, then we will give them whatever our best advice is under the circumstances, and then players make their individual decisions.” last_img
January 11, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgThe location of the vehicle is a recreational pull out site frequently attended by locals. Members attended to find a male deceased in a vehicle. The vehicle was a rental car, rented in Surrey, BC on Sept 30th, 2013. The incident is being treated as suspicious as foul play cannot be ruled out at this time. – Advertisement -Police are requesting if anyone observed a 2013 Grey Hyundai Sonata, BC licence 180 LMW between Surrey and Fort Nelson between Monday, Sept 30th to Saturday, Oct 5th to contact police.Police are in the process of trying to identify the deceased male. North District Major Crime Unit is investigating this incident.No further details are available at this time.Advertisementlast_img read more

January 10, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_img0Shares0000Chelsea coach Antonio Conte is unhappy about the size of his squad © AFP / ROSLAN RAHMANLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 11 – Antonio Conte insists he isn’t looking for sympathy despite admitting Chelsea are facing problems at the start of their Premier League title defence.Conte has been frustrated by Chelsea’s failure to land his top transfer targets while the champions’ title rivals embarked on multi-million pound spending sprees. The Chelsea manager’s public complaints about the size of his squad have grown louder since his club’s decision to sanction the sale of Nemanja Matic to Manchester United.Asked about Conte’s grumbling, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger aimed a jibe at the Italian this week, pointing to Chelsea sending numerous players out on loan in recent weeks.With Conte also having fallen out with star striker Diego Costa during the close-season, former England captain Alan Shearer has said there is “something brewing which isn’t nice” at Stamford Bridge.Now Conte has conceded it hasn’t been plain sailing for Chelsea as they prepare for their Premier League opener at home to Burnley on Saturday.“We are facing different problems. But we must be ready to try to do our best tomorrow,” he told reporters on Friday.But despite Chelsea’s troubles, the former Juventus coach claimed he doesn’t care what anyone thinks about his club’s predicament.“I’m not looking for sympathy of any coaches for this situation. This is my message,” Conte said.“The situation is clear. If the club decide to send on loan players for their development it’s because these players are not ready to play for Chelsea.“It’s simple. I think I’m the coach of this team. My aim is to try to improve my players, to try to improve my team.“I repeat: my only task is to focus on the pitch, what happens on the pitch, during the training session to work with my players. This must be my focus during this period.“The club knows very well what is my opinion. And then I repeat: the club is trying to do their best on the transfer market.”– Disgruntled –One of the main issues is Costa remaining in exile after Conte, who had grown tired of the Spain international’s attempts to engineer a transfer, told him by text message that he was no longer part of his plans.Costa responded by leaking the text to the media, while his lawyer threatened legal action against Chelsea, who have so far failed to find a buyer for their disgruntled star.“No news,” Conte said when quizzed on whether Costa’s situation had changed..Conte was asked when Costa might return, but a club spokesman intervened, saying: “Nothing to report on that.”Alvaro Morata was signed from Real Madrid to replace Costa and the Spain forward could make his Premier League debut against Burnley after coming off the bench to miss a penalty in last weekend’s Community Shield shoot-out defeat against Arsenal.An ankle knock sustained by Pedro means Morata is likely to start alongside Michy Batshuayi.Morata reportedly complained to Spanish media that “they’re already killing me” over scrutiny of his two pre-season games and his 15-minute appearance at Wembley.Conte believes Morata needs time to bed in and he said: “He’s starting to understand what I want from him during the game.“But he needs time to understand, to adapt to our style of football, above all for a striker.“This role is more difficult to adapt to than the other roles.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

January 10, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgAnd while France pin their hopes on Kylian Mbappe, it is unlikely that the teenage superstar has encountered a defence quite like Uruguay’s.The mouth-watering last-eight tie in Nizhny Novgorod is likely to be decided by a battle between Uruguay’s stifling backline and the speed of Mbappe, 19.Led by captain Diego Godin, and including Jose Gimenez, Martin Caceres and Diego Laxalt, along with goalkeeper Fernando Muslera, Uruguay’s defence have the joint-best record at the World Cup.They passed through the group stage without conceding a goal, and the only player to score against Uruguay was Portugal’s Pepe in the last 16, and that was ultimately in vain.Brazil are the only other team to have conceded just the solitary goal so far.Uruguay have conceded three fewer goals than France. Both teams have scored seven times.Between them, the experienced defence have over 350 international caps between them. They are supremely well-organised and have already served notice that Mbappe will not have the same kind of freedom he enjoyed against Argentina.“If you let France have space it will be very difficult,” Uruguay’s coach Oscar Tabarez said after securing a place in the quarter-finals.And he has also insisted that he is happy to cede possession to France in a bid to make the last four.France’s conundrum against Uruguay is knowing best how to utilise Mbappe and his fellow attacking danger, Antoine Griezmann.The French limped through their group stage but burst to life in their exhilarating 4-3 last-16 win over Argentina, inspired by Paris Saint-Germain’s $220 million (188-million-euro) Mbappe.Didier Deschamps, France’s coach, has already indicated that he is expecting a different kind of game from “solid” Uruguay from the seven-goal thriller in Kazan.The match is likely to be unsurprising, if not only for tactics, but also because of those involved.Whoever — and however — decides the match is likely to have to get one over on a domestic teammate.Cavani, who may play some part despite his calf injury, plays with Mbappe and PSG.Godin and Gimenez are colleagues — and close friends — with Griezmann, Rodrigo Bentancur and Blaise Matuidi play for Juventus, while Luiz Suarez and French defender Samuel Umtiti play for Barcelona.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Atletico Madrid pair Godin and Gimenez have been immense at the back for Uruguay © AFP/File / Adrian DENNISNIZHNIY, Novgorod, Russian Federation, Jul 5 – The build-up to Friday’s quarter-final clash between France and Uruguay has been dominated by individuals, but it may be the South Americans’ almost unbreachable four-man defence which decides the result.While Uruguay sweat on the fitness of striker Edinson Cavani, it should be remembered that La Celeste’s progress in Russia has been built upon their defence as much as their A-list attack.last_img read more

January 3, 2020 | | Post a Comment

first_imgCheck out this piece of skill…last_img

December 30, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_imgOn the issue of downtown redevelopment, Hernandez called on the city to resurrect a two-year-old revitalization plan and request proposals from developers. The council debated whether the old plan was still feasible, and with Hernandez voted 5-0 to have staff research the issue and report back Dec. 18. When Hernandez noted that residents had complained to him about graffiti not being addressed quickly enough, and being painted over in a patchwork of mismatched colors, he called on the council to accept applications from new graffiti removal companies. Ultimately, the council voted 5-0 to have staff research the current contract and report back on the council’s options. “You can’t cancel a contract when you haven’t notified them,” Mayor Mike Touhey said outside the meeting. “You can’t do that legally.” Hernandez next asked to review the city’s speed hump policy, in response to complaints he said he heard from residents while he was campaigning. “We were all on the council … when this policy was adopted,” Herfert said. “I don’t see how you can improve on it,” he added, echoing a sentiment expressed by the other council members. The council voted 4-1, with Herfert opposed, to look into rubberized and split speed humps, but not to review the policy. During a later discussion, as the council reviewed a report warning that the city could face a multimillion dollar deficit in a year, Hernandez brought up a sore point: the city attorney’s bills. Hernandez and City Attorney Arnold Alvarez-Glasman have clashed in the past. “We pay a lot of money for attorneys, and they’re not cheap,” Hernandez said. “We’re burning taxpayer money … I’m just throwing that out there.” When a motion by Hernandez was approved, calling for the city to consider a new landscape and litter cleanup company, Touhey said he supported the motion because he believed it would be “spun” against the council if it was opposed. It was approved 3-2, with Lane and Councilwoman Shelley Sanderson opposed. Although Touhey said he didn’t see any difference in the meeting, other council members called it a more positive meeting. Sanderson chalked it up to a good day. “It was a good meeting, but we’ve had those in the past,” she said. “I think the council takes a lot of hits for the aggression that comes from the community … and I saw that last night” in the comments from the public repeating election rhetoric, she added. But Lane and Hernandez said they thought the council was able to collaborate more than usual. “While my specific motions weren’t approved, I was really pleased to see the council willing to move forward and make some improvements in the downtown area and address the growing concerns about graffiti,” Hernandez said. “That’s definitely a step in the right direction.” alison.hewitt@sgvn.com (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2730160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre “We have a chance for a clean slate here. We just had an election, and I hope that we can put things behind us,” she said. “I hope our meetings will be more professional.” Although other council members said they were ready to turn over a new leaf, it was unclear from the votes taken Tuesday night whether the council is headed in a new direction. Councilman Steve Herfert, who retained his seat easily, chastised audience members who repeated accusations that were raised during the election against him and Hernandez. He encouraged them to put the election behind them. “Let’s stop the silliness,” he said. The council discussed three items that Hernandez had attempted to place on the agenda before the election, but in each case, when he made a motion, the council rejected it in favor of a different motion. WEST COVINA – City Council members expressed hope Tuesday night that they could put the recent election behind them and work together, but it’s uncertain whether they will. Re-elected Councilman Roger Hernandez, who attempted to dent the four-member majority he often opposes by supporting an outside candidate, offered something of an olive branch. “In my first term I made mistakes. I wasn’t perfect. There were some issues I could have handled better,” he said. “I make a commitment to reach out to my fellow council members … we can work together.” Councilwoman Sherri Lane, who will likely be appointed mayor at the next council meeting, also struck a hopeful tone. last_img read more

December 29, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_img1 Espanyol are ready to offer Mario Balotelli the chance to avoid a return to Liverpool this summer.The maverick Italian forward spent last season on loan at AC Milan but failed to make a positive impression at the San Siro, scoring just three goals in 22 appearances.Milan have already decided they don’t want to sign Balotelli on a permanent deal and the 25-year-old is due to return to Anfield when pre-season begins in July.However, according to Fichajes, Espanyol are lining up an offer for Balotelli and will make contact with Liverpool after tonight’s Europa League final.Balotelli has already admitted he would prefer to stay in Italy next season but Milan’s reluctance to buy him means he has to consider options from elsewhere. Mario Balotelli in action for AC Milan last_img read more

December 27, 2019 | | Post a Comment

first_imgThere has been a time change in the U14 A final fixed for O’Donnell park on Tuesday 1st July 2014.The fixture between Termon and Glenties has now been moved to a 7.30pm start.DD NOTICE: TIME CHANGE FOR U14 FINAL BETWEEN TERMON AND GLENTIES was last modified: July 1st, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAAGlentiesNoticesSportTermonlast_img read more