Tag: 上海贵族宝贝

December 18, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_img23 November 2012 Football fans can expect a carpet-perfect pitch at Johannesburg’s FNB Stadium for the opening match of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon), says the City of Johannesburg. The FNB Stadium will host the Afcon opening ceremony and opening match on 19 January, as well as the final match and closing ceremony on 10 February. The pitch at South Africa’s flagship football venue was damaged during a Linkin Park rock concert ahead of the Nelson Mandela Challenge match between Bafana Bafana and Zambia a week ago.Semi-artificial surface for FNB Stadium Chris Vondo, member of the City’s mayoral committee for community development, said: “In terms of the pitch which appears to be bumpy, this matter to us is history. Come the opening day of the tournament, the pitch will be ready … we’ve ordered the desso, which is a long-term solution.” Vondo was speaking to reporters at FNB stadium on Thursday after making a presentation to the Afcon local organising committee (LOC) about Johannesburg’s state of readiness for the tournament. Desso is a sports playing field surface composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres. The artificial grass fibres are injected 20 centimetres deep, and cover about 3 percent of the surface while the grass is growing; the roots intertwine with the artificial fibres. The 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa was the first international football tournament to be played on grass pitches partly made up of artificial grass. The system was installed at Nelspruit’s Mbombela Stadium and Polokwane’s Peter Mokaba Stadium. According to Vondo, the City of Johannesburg will install the desso after the Soweto derby between Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates on 8 December. There are fears that “the calabash stadium” will resemble a cabbage-patch for the derby because of a Lady Gaga concert taking place there on 30 November.City of Joburg ‘ready for Afcon’ Afcon LOC chief executive officer Mvuzo Mbebe reiterated that the pitch at FNB stadium would be ready for the opening match between Bafana Bafana and Cape Verde. “This pitch will be at the standard that we require it to be, whether there is going to be a concert or no concert between now and the tournament.” “The City of Johannesburg is quite advanced with their preparations, and we are happy with what we’ve seen in terms of their training venues, that include Dobsonville, Rand, Orlando and Milpark stadiums.” Mbebe said that the LOC was comfortable with the plan presented to it by the city. “What is left for all of us is to get the tickets and come to the stadium in large numbers on January 19,” he said. Afcon project coordinator for the City of Johannesburg, Bongi Bokaba said the city had lined up a series of events to make sure that there was maximum visibility and awareness about the tournament. “Our commitment is to ensure that our residents embrace the Afcon in line with the LOC’s call to action, which is ‘eyethu – Be Part of it’. “We want to use football to build social cohesion in the city, because we want Johannesburg to be the city of choice during the tournament,” she said. Source: SANews.gov.zalast_img read more

October 28, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Newcastle striker Rondon: I chose number 9 for Shearer pressureby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSalomon Rondon has revealed he chose the number nine jersey at Newcastle on purpose. The Venezuelan has been in excellent form for the Magpies, who he joined from West Bromwich Albion on loan in the summer. Rondon has always wore the number 23 jersey during his career, but he revealed that he enjoys the pressure of wearing the jersey previously worn by club legend and the Premier League’s all-time top goalscorer Alan Shearer.”It was a peculiar story,” Rondon said.”The ’23’ was free, my number of always, and the ‘9’. One of the people who closed the transfer told me: ‘The ‘9’ is a very important number at Newcastle because it was led by Shearer, who is the club’s top scorer and the history of the Premier League. If you dare to wear it, it will be fine. ‘ And so it has been.”It is a pressure that pleases me. I work well on pressure because it is where one more demands and is forced to give the maximum.”We exchanged some tweets, but personally I still do not know (Shearer). I would love it (to meet him), not only for what it has been at Newcastle, but for what it has represented for football.” last_img read more

October 28, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgReal Madrid coach Solari on early Bale exit: We’ll talkby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid coach Santiago Solari says they’ll be speaking with Gareth Bale after he left the defeat to Real Sociedad before the final whistle.Bale, who was watching from the stands as he is currently injured, departed in the 78th minute.Solari was asked on Tuesday for his thoughts on the fact that the Welshman didn’t stay to support his teammates and revealed that the situation would be discussed internally.”These are things that are solved privately,” he told reporters. About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

October 27, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgRoy Williams is pumped up.DURHAM, NC – MARCH 03: Head coach Roy Williams of the North Carolina Tar Heels reacts during their game against the Duke Blue Devils at Cameron Indoor Stadium on March 3, 2018 in Durham, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)The North Carolina Tar Heels are off to the Sweet 16 after an impressive victory over Arkansas, and it’s safe to assume that head coach Roy Williams is pumped up. In case you aren’t convinced, check out the below video, released by UNC after the contest. Williams joined the team’s dance party following the win, and screamed loudly in celebration with his players. He also debuted some kind of ridiculous skip-dance as he entered the locker room.UNC gets the winner of Wisconsin vs. Oregon next Thursday. Either way, it should be a great game.last_img read more

September 30, 2019 | |Post a Comment

Tiger Woods, the golfer who lives for major championships and who is on a quest to topple Jack Nicklaus’ record victories, will miss his second consecutive major this year. The U.S. Open at Pinehurst is out for Woods.His surgically repaired back has not recovered enough for him to compete in next month’s event in two weeks, a blow to Woods and his ambition to increase from 14 his number of major championship victories. Nicklaus has 18.“Unfortunately, I won’t be there because I’m not yet physically able to play competitive golf,” Woods said via his website. It’s the sixth major he will be sidelined due to injury. “I’d like to convey my regrets to the USGA leadership, the volunteers and the fans that I won’t be at Pinehurst.“The U.S. Open is very important to me and I know it’s going to be a great week. Despite missing the first two majors, and several other important tournaments, I remain very optimistic about this year and my future.”Woods has not played since the WGC-Cadillac Championship on March 9. He had surgery to alleviate a pinched nerve in his back on March 31, causing him to miss the Masters for the first time in his career.Since winning the 2008 U.S. Open — the last of his 14 major titles — Woods has missed four other majors, two that year following knee surgery, and two in 2011 after knee and Achilles injuries.With his inactivity, Woods has dropped to No. 3 in the world behind Adam Scott and Henrik Stenson.Last week at the Quicken Loans National media day, Woods gave no indication of a return to the PGA Tour.“There’s no date, there’s no timetable, just taking it day by day and just focusing on trying to get stronger and come back,” he said at the Congressional Country Club on May 19. “I want to play today, but that’s just not going to happen. So just taking it step by step.”The Quicken Loans Tournament benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation, and it is just two weeks after the U.S. Open. The Open Championship at Royal Liverpool — where Woods won in 2006 — is five weeks after the U.S. Open.Woods called Nicklaus on Wednesday morning to express his regrets over not being able to compete at this week’s Memorial Tournament, hosted by Nicklaus, which Woods has won five times.“It was a very, very nice call, wishing me well [with] the tournament, sorry he couldn’t be here,” Nicklaus said. “He said he’s doing well, progressing well, and he’s looking forward to getting back into the game. He misses it.” read more

September 28, 2019 | |Post a Comment

I have never, not once, managed to sit through an entire baseball game from first inning to last. Halfway through most games, I either get too fidgety to stay, the heat drives me out or whoever I am at the game with wants to leave early (which I never argue with).That being said, I sat through the Columbus Clippers game on Monday from start to finish for the entire three plus hour affair, and it was not only hot, but rainy as well, but making it to the end was gratifying.Before the game, I met with Joe Santry, media relations for the Clippers but also the historian for the team, who shared with me that many road names surrounding campus and Columbus (including the road I live on) are named after Clippers players. Neil. Chittenden. Those names sound familiar?The Clippers are part of Columbus history, and not just as a baseball team. The name hanging above the stadium isn’t just a sponsor. Huntington used to be one of the worst baseball players on the team, and after a season where he didn’t have a single hit recorded (or one that lasted the records this long), he was told not to quit his day job, which so happened to be a bank teller.While I would have chosen a cooler day (one where my shoulders weren’t burned by the end) and the random raining wasn’t ideal, it still was worth it to know the history behind the Clippers, the stadium and the relationship the team has with the city.The only way the game could have been better: a hot dog. read more

September 28, 2019 | |Post a Comment

With cameras raised and the volume so low you could hear a pin drop, Ohio State senior Peter Kobelt stepped up to the line to serve for match point against Northwestern’s senior Raleigh Smith.It seemed routine, as Kobelt has sealed so many matches for the OSU men’s tennis team this season. But this meant so much more than any other match.He lofted the ball up and, with one powerful swing, rocketed his serve at Smith, who could barely get a racket on it. Smith’s return barely made it over the net and Kobelt knew exactly what to do with it. He fired into the corner of the court for the win, secure the match and history for the Buckeyes.Kobelt had just sealed the deal to complete OSU’s 185th consecutive home win. That’s more than any other team in any other sport in the history of the NCAA.One hundred eighty-five straight.If the magnitude of that many wins doesn’t sink in, then consider this: The beginning of the streak started with a 5-2 win over Purdue on April 5, 2003.That’s 4,104 days ago.At that time, “Finding Nemo” and “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” were some of the top-grossing movies at the box office and “In Da Club” by 50 Cent and “Ignition (Remix)” by R. Kelly were the top songs on the radio. Do you feel old yet?Dominance like that over a nearly 11-year span is beyond impressive. Dominance might even be too light of a term to describe the run. When it comes to the Buckeyes playing at the Varsity Tennis Center, perfection seems like a more appropriate word.In the sports world, teams don’t just stay good like this, but the Buckeyes have proven to be magical in Columbus.The Super Bowl champions when this streak started were the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Since then, the Buccaneers have had four different coaches and have become the bottom-dwellers of the NFC South.Roger Federer, arguably the greatest tennis player of all time, had not yet won a Grand Slam title when the Buckeyes began their streak. He now has the most ever with 17.Over a decade, this remarkable winning streak has seen its way through the invention of the smartphone, three presidential elections and inflation of gas prices (it was $1.49 per gallon in Ohio in April 2003).The Buckeyes have fielded 10 All-Americans during the streak, including having at least one each season since 2004. They also have had a doubles national championship in 2012 (Chase Buchanan and Blaz Rola) and a singles champion in 2013 (Rola).Kobelt is the only All-American on the roster now, but one man who has been at every win throughout the streak is head coach Ty Tucker.Playing at Ohio State from 1989-91, Tucker was a two-time All-American before going pro in 1992.He returned to Ohio State as an assistant coach in 1995 and became head coach in 1999. Since then he has turned the Buckeyes into a national power and Kobelt referred to this streak as “his baby.”After beating Illinois Sunday, the Buckeyes only have three more opponents left on their 2014 home slate in Tulsa, Iowa and Nebraska. As the No. 2 team in the nation, though, it is likely they will host a regional for the NCAA tournament to try and add on even more wins to the streak.With Kobelt being the lone senior on the team, the future still looks bright for OSU with younger members of the roster looking to extend dominance the Buckeyes have managed so far in Columbus.The Buckeyes (21-2, 6-0) are next scheduled to play at Minnesota Friday at 3 p.m. read more

September 28, 2019 | |Post a Comment

After four players committed as a part of the 2020 recruiting class, Ohio State continued to build its 2019 recruiting class Monday after four-star linebacker Kane Patterson committed to the Buckeyes, announcing his intention on Twitter.615614 pic.twitter.com/gjZTZg3sEP— Kane Patterson™ ✞ (@kane_prime4) July 9, 2018One of 11 four-star recruits in Ohio State’s class, Patterson is ranked as the No. 8 inside linebacker in the 2019 class according to the 247Sports composite rankings. A native of Nashville, Tennessee, the 6-foot-1, 225-pound linebacker is the No. 6 recruit in the state. Patterson will join running back Master Teague, running back Mitch Rossi and offensive lineman Max Wray as the Tennessee natives on Ohio State’s roster. Patterson joins four-star defensive end Noah Potter, four-star safety Jordan Battle and four-star outside linebacker Cade Stover as the defensive recruits in the Buckeyes’ 2019 class. Patterson is one of 11 players from outside the state of Ohio in the class. read more

September 18, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgAccording to the former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit, Paris Saint-Germain did not show respect for their ex-boss Unai EmeryFormer Arsenal superstar Emmanuel Petit has criticized French Ligue 1 club Paris Saint Germain.For him, PSG did not show any respect to former Gunners boss Unai Emery.“I’m happy for Unai Emery that he has been given this chance with Arsenal after what was two very frustrating years with Paris Saint-Germain,” Petit told Goal.“He won the French title at PSG, but they didn’t succeed in the Champions League and some players didn’t show respect to him.”PSG, Neymar, Ligue 1PSG ultras sent a warning letter to Neymar Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Brazilian superstar Neymar might play today his first game of the season for Paris Saint-Germain and the team’s ultras have warned him.“Also, the president of Paris Saint-Germain [Nasser Al-Khelaifi] didn’t show him respect either,” he said.“Too many people are trying to be in charge at PSG and Emery was left alone. I think he was very sensitive about this.”“In his final weeks at PSG, you could see a change in his personality and a change in the way he was doing things. He knew he could not win the battles at this club,” he explained.“It was not just Neymar. It was other players who would try to influence things and if they didn’t like how something was being done, they didn’t go to the manager, they went to the president.”last_img read more

September 17, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgFollowing the racial abuse suffered by Raheem Sterling on Saturday, ESPN pundit John Barnes believes that racism in football is indicative of a larger problem in society.After the incident involving Sterling on Saturday, he posted on Instagram blaming the newspapers for their portrayal of black footballers, but Barnes thinks that the perception of black people in British society has to change first.“I’d like him to expand on it,” Barnes told Sky Sports.“To talk about the language we use when reporting on different groups.“Until we start tackling the cause of racism, it will keep coming back. It’s nothing to do with football.“It’s the misconception of the way we view other groups of people.Pep Guardiola, Raheem Sterling, Manchester CityGuardiola: Sterling must ignore Ronaldo & Messi comparisons Andrew Smyth – September 13, 2019 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola advised Raheem Sterling to ignore comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, who he rates as incomparable.“Historically, we have been told there are certain groups of people who are more worthy, more intelligent, more morally correct then others, it has been going on for hundreds of years and it continues to be perpetuated, this is what Raheem is saying.“The way that the media has portrayed certain groups of people – he mentioned footballers – this is what we have to change.“We have to change the perception of what it is to be black. We have to change the perception of the average black person.“Not of Raheem Sterling. Not of the fact that Stormzy might not get a Grammy. Not the fact that Idris Elba may not get an Oscar. Not the fact that John Barnes may not get a job as a football manager.“We have to change the perception of the average black man in the street – until we change that perception, nothing will change.”last_img read more