Mohamed Salah Mohamed Salah returns from injury with start for Egypt against Russia Goal Last updated 1 year ago 01:00 6/20/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments() Getty Mohamed Salah Russia v Egypt Russia Egypt World Cup African All Stars The star attacker will make his World Cup debut as he returns from injury in a crucial match for his country against the hosts Mohamed Salah is set to make his long-awaited World Cup debut after being named to Egypt’s starting XI for the country’s crucial Group A match against tournament hosts Russia.The Liverpool star’s availability for the World Cup has been the subject of much speculation since he was injured in the Reds’ 3-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League final on May 26.Both Salah and Egypt had said he would be fit in time to feature for the Pharaohs, and he was named to the team’s final 23-man roster. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Arsenal would be selling their soul with Mourinho move However, while Salah was named to the bench for Egypt’s opener, a 1-0 loss to Uruguay, but did not make an appearance in the defeat. That came after Egypt head coach Hector Cuper had declared Salah a virtual certainty to play, with Cuper then saying after the loss that he did not want to risk Salah in the contest.Subsequently, the Egyptian Football Association declared Salah had been fit to play and would be available against Russia. But Salah’s fitness remained a question, with Cuper admitting he faced a late fitness test Monday to ensure he was ready for the match Tuesday.However, Salah appears to have passed that test, as he will start in the right attacking midfield role for Egypt against the hosts.إليكم تشكيل #الفراعنة لمباراة الليلة #worldcup #ThePharaohs#RUSEGY#RUS 🆚 #Egy pic.twitter.com/fMV9pNzzYk— Egypt National Football Team (@Pharaohs) June 19, 2018The forward will make his World Cup debut on the heels of a record-breaking season with Liverpool, in which he scored 44 goals and broke the Premier League scoring record for a 38-game season.Egypt’s hopes for advancing to the knockout stage may well rest on the contest.After Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener, the hosts hold a strong goal difference advantage over Egypt, meaning the Pharaohs may well need three points to have a realistic chance at advancing. read more
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Twitter Advertisement Facebook TORONTO — A Canadian filmmaker who released a 2011 documentary on Harvey Weinstein is now working on a new big-screen project that would tackle the allegations of sexual harassment and assault levelled against the fallen movie mogul and others.Montreal-born Barry Avrich says he wants to look at the accusations that he didn’t know about when he wrote, directed and produced “Unauthorized: The Harvey Weinstein Project.”He also wants to examine Hollywood culture and look at sexual misconduct outside of the entertainment industry. Advertisement “At the end of the day, I feel that I made a film about a man that I found incredibly passionate, fascinating and intriguing — and I didn’t get the whole story and I feel cheated,” Avrich said in an interview.“I knew there was a dark side. I didn’t know there was that dark side, and I feel that it’s important to tell the whole story. It’s an incomplete story for me, an incomplete narrative.”Avrich said he wants to make the new documentary quickly, “long before” the next Toronto International Film Festival in September.He’s already started filming and is set to travel to New York, Los Angeles and London.Avrich said he worries that the plethora of headlines surrounding sexual misconduct allegations “desensitizes the situation.” A film would help preserve such stories and “perpetuate the momentum so that this doesn’t become a movement du jour.”“I just think we live in the decade of distraction now where stories that are posted in social media — and there are so many headlines — the accusers, the victims become, at some point, wallpaper, and I don’t want that to happen,” said Avrich, whose other films include “The Last Mogul,” about legendary agent Lew Wasserman, and “Filthy Gorgeous,” about Penthouse founder Bob Guccione.Avrich said he’s already spoken with some victims and has taken out an ad in Hollywood trade magazines asking more to come forward to be interviewed for his new doc.“What I’m saying to them is that a social media posting on your experience is not enough. Why? Because it fades and evaporates instantly after somebody has read it,” he said.“Film lasts forever, and I think the only way we’re going to get change is if these stories are immortalized.”Avrich said he also wants such stories to serve as a possible deterrent and “a warning for the next generation of artists going into this industry, of what they need to know.”“I’m not looking for victims to come on camera and tell me bathrobe stories. We’ve all heard them,” Avrich said.“I’m interested in what they’ve learned, what their advice is in protecting artists going forward, what else they think they can do in terms of changing the culture, do they believe the cultural change?”Avrich said he’ll probably ask Weinstein to be interviewed for this film, but doubts it would happen.“Unauthorized: The Harvey Weinstein Project” addresses the producer’s notorious reputation as a hot-headed micro-manager, but it doesn’t mention any sexual misconduct allegations, which came to light in October.Avrich said he had no relationship with Weinstein prior to making the doc, and the producer went at him “very aggressively” with “all kinds of promises, payoffs in terms of other film deals” to try to put an end to the film.Avrich assured Weinstein he would make a “balanced film” about his life, he said, but nobody within the mogul’s stable of artists would speak with him.“Had I known those things, I absolutely would have been there,” said Avrich of the torrent of allegations that have been made.“But at the same time, I can honestly tell you that I know I would have had doors slammed in my face.”Two weeks before the Weinstein story broke, the film studio he founded bought the rights to Avrich’s upcoming documentary on Nuremberg prosecutor Ben Ferencz. Avrich said they’ve since given the film back to him.IFC, meanwhile, owns the rights to “Unauthorized: The Harvey Weinstein Project.” Avrich said IFC insisted on edits to the doc, including softening the characterization of Weinstein as a bully.Avrich said he felt he had a moral obligation to make changes to the documentary when the Weinstein allegations emerged and asked IFC if he could buy back the rights and re-do the ending.He said he wrote to Jonathan Sehring, co-president of IFC Films and Sundance Selects, who told him that they don’t sell films back to filmmakers and that they were “going to take the high road.”IFC did not immediately respond to an email request for comment Wednesday.“At the end of the day, there are certain things I could do, but I said to myself, as the whole story started to expand beyond Harvey, headline after headline after headline … I said, ‘This is a bigger story and I need to look at Hollywood as the entire culture and see whether or not things will ever change,”‘ Avrich said.“Where did it start, where is it going to end? I need to get different perspectives on it and I think it’s important to make that kind of film.”VICTORIA AHEARN / THE CANADIAN PRESS Login/Register With: Advertisement read more
During warmups prior to Tuesday night’s Houston Rockets game, center Dwight Howard and Rockets mascot Clutch the Bear had an unofficial contest to see who could be the first to hit an over-the-back halfcourt shot, with Clutch pulling off the surprise upset.Howard could probably use his warmup time more productively by focusing on his free-throw shooting, but he didn’t need to for this game against the Boston Celtics. Howard compiled another double-double of 10 points and 11 boards helping the Rockets open the game on an 18-1 run and had a 40-18 lead after the first quarter, improving to 8-4 on the season.The Rockets have won three in a row after Tuesday’s 109-85 defeat of the Boston Celtics. read more
More: Apple Podcasts | ESPN App | RSS | Embed FiveThirtyEight Embed Code It only took 108 years, but our sports podcast Hot Takedown finally got to discuss a Chicago Cubs World Series win. We break down the strange managerial decisions in Game 7, discuss whether this year’s Cubs or the 2004 Boston Red Sox are Theo Epstein’s crowning achievement, and FiveThirtyEight’s Oliver Roeder joins us to discuss the legacy of this year’s Cubs team.
December 10, 2017 Posted: December 10, 2017 Updated: 3:28 PM Tensions flare at “Build the Wall” rally near U.S./Mexico border kusivideo 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A disturbance erupted Saturday near the U.S.-Mexico border just outside San Diego between supporters and opponents of a border wall championed by President Donald Trump, authorities said.The demonstration began about 12 p.m. in an unincorporated area on the east end of Enrico Fermi Drive, said San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Fred Magana.A commercial vehicle inspection facility is in the area.”At the peak of the event, approximately 60 supporters were in attendance,” Magana said. They carried U.S. flags and signs. “Also in attendance were about 20 people who did not agree with the message of those hosting a rally. A disturbance between the two groups ensued,” he said.”Deputies were on hand to ensure everyone could safely express their opinions and to prevent any unwanted encounters,” Magana said.He termed the disturbance “minor,” adding there were no injuries, property damage or other crimes and no arrests. kusivideo, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter read more