Tag: 香草419

October 28, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgArnautovic agent: West Ham should accept lucky China offerby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Ham United striker Marko Arnautovic wants to move to China.That is according to his agent and brother, Danijel.West Ham have received a £35million bid from an unnamed Chinese Super League club for the Austrian. And Danijel says the club should accept after paying 20m to sign his brother from Stoke City in the summer of 2017.He said: “West Ham bought Marko for peanuts. They paid £20m for him, which is nothing in the current market.”They bought him to keep them in the Premier League last season and he did that. He took every award at the club; best player, signing of the season and the players’ award.”Now West Ham have a fantastic offer. It is close to double what they paid for him.”He wants to go to a new market and challenge for titles. This is what he wants. It is his great desire that West Ham accept the offer from China.”He knows the West Ham fans love him and he has a special connection with them, but things move on, this is the world of sport, and he hopes they can understand.”Marko is professional and is preparing himself for the Arsenal game. He will give 100 per cent for West Ham. That is Marko. He will never change.”Until he is no longer a West Ham player, he will give everything to the club. He hopes the fans can respect his wishes.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

October 27, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgHouston walk on scholarships awarded at team film session.YouTube/UHAthleticsWe can’t get enough of videos of college football walk-ons getting awarded scholarships. The life of a walk-on can be pretty thankless at times, especially when players have to balance schoolwork and all of the rigors of Division I athletics, without the benefit of a scholarship. A full ride can be life-changing for walk-ons and their families, and these videos always show how important those guys are to their teammates.On Wednesday, Houston head coach Tom Herman awarded two walk-ons—senior tight end Hayden Daniels and senior cornerback Tyler White—with scholarships for their final years. Herman was a bit tricky about it, opening by getting on the walk-ons who hadn’t yet had holds lifted by the university, chastising the group for a lack of “urgency,” before surprising the pair with their full rides. Daniels appeared in four games for the Cougars last year, while White played in all 13 games, registering 12 total tackles and fielding a crucial onside kick that helped spark Houston’s 35-34 comeback win over Pittsburgh in the Armed Forces Bowl.last_img read more

October 24, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgMinister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange looks on as Damron Malcolm, a student of Central Branch Infant School signs the Book of Condolence for South African Activist, Winnie Madizike Mandela, who died on April 2.last_img

October 23, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgzoom Singapore-based container shipping company APL, part of CMA CGM, plans to launch the India East Coast Express (IEX) service, a new weekly service connecting North Asia to India, starting from mid-December.APL said the new IEX service offers coverage of the China market with three port calls in Qingdao, Shanghai and Shekou.In addition, the service is intended for direct cargo shipments from Singapore and Malaysia to the Philippines.Port rotation of the IEX service will be as follows: Busan (South Korea), Qingdao, Shanghai, Shekou (China), Singapore (Singapore), Port Klang (West) (Malaysia), Chennai (India), Port Klang, Singapore, Manila (Philippines), Busan.The first sailing will commence from Busan on December 15, 2016, according to APL.Image Courtesy: APLlast_img read more

October 13, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgINGERSOLL, Ont. – General Motors and the union representing about 2,500 striking workers at the CAMI assembly plant in Ingersoll, Ont., are expected to resume talks today aimed at ending a strike that’s into its fourth week.The members of Unifor Local 88 walked off the job a little more than three weeks ago on Sept. 17 as union negotiators worked to have GM designate the CAMI plant as the lead producer of the Equinox SUV.The union said last Thursday that the two sides had “worked through a lot of the contract language” but remained far apart on job security and economic issues.Local 88 president Dan Borthwick says the union’s master bargaining committee took a break over the Thanksgiving weekend and met this morning.He says the union’s position will remain the same as it was last Thursday when it meets with the company’s bargaining team.Job security at the CAMI plant has been a major issue, with Unifor seeking to prevent work done by its members from being moved to Mexico, where GM also produces the Equinox SUV.Ontario Economic Development Minister Brad Duguid said Friday that he had spoken with both sides and that neither had asked for government support to keep the Equinox lines in the province.Duguid said the dispute was “rippling through” Ontario’s supply chain economy and urged both parties to reach an agreement.Dias dismissed GM’s latest contract offer last week as “fluff,” saying it still allowed the company to shift resources away from the Ingersoll plant.last_img read more

October 13, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgHALIFAX – Nova Scotia’s bid to become a world leader in tidal energy has been dealt a major setback, but industry experts say a French firm’s decision to pull out of a pioneering Bay of Fundy project may ultimately be good for the emerging industry.Stephen Dempsey, executive director of the Offshore Energy Research Association, says the renewable energy industry has been hurt by Paris-based Naval Energies’ decision to pull funding from its Dublin-based subsidiary OpenHydro, the key backer of Nova Scotia’s Cape Sharp Tidal.“When the leading technology developer exits the field, it’s a concern,” Dempsey said in an interview Monday. “There’s no way to diminish that. It will have immediate negative consequences. The question is whether it is short-term or long-term.”Last week, Cape Sharp Tidal successfully connected a massive, two megawatt in-stream tidal turbine to Nova Scotia’s electricity grid. It was the second time that Cape Sharp has installed a turbine on the floor of the Bay of Fundy to generate electricity from the world’s highest tides.In a historic first, Cape Sharp’s first turbine was hooked up to the grid in November 2016, but it was later removed for inspections and servicing in June 2017.In 2009, an in-stream prototype was torn apart by the bay’s powerful currents, which can move at 18 kilometres per hour.Naval Energies, considered a leader in the field of renewable energy, issued a statement last week saying it had stopped investing in tidal energy in Canada and in other locations, and was instead focusing on floating wind turbines and ocean thermal technology.“The deterioration of the market, in France and around the world throughout the recent months, has been reflected in a lack of commercial prospects over the long term,” company CEO Laurent Schneider-Maunoury said in a statement.The company also complained that in Canada “there is also great sensitivity to the cost of the technology.”Cape Sharp is a joint venture between OpenHydro and Halifax-based Emera Inc.Amanda White, acting executive director for Marine Renewables Canada, said her non-profit group was disappointed with Naval Energies’ move. However, she said such setbacks are to be expected in an emerging industry.“It has happened before in this industry and other innovative sectors, and is a natural part of industry development,” she said in a statement.“The association feels strongly that there is great opportunity in this industry with many promising projects on the horizon. Tidal energy is on the cusp of becoming a viable industry.”With OpenHydro now in the midst of bankruptcy protection, it will be up to the receiver, Grant Thornton in Ireland, to determine if a new owner can be found for the project.So far, officials with Emera Inc. have said little about what they plan to do. The company, which is the parent of the utility Nova Scotia Power Inc., issued a statement Monday saying Emera continues to believe in the potential for ocean energy.“These are still early days for a sector that is still emerging,” said spokeswoman Stacey Pineau. “The industry continues to learn and innovate so it can ultimately develop technologies that produce affordably-priced energy for consumers.”She said Emera’s biggest concern was ensuring the receiver has a plan for environmental monitoring and safe operation of the turbine.Nova Scotia’s recently appointed energy minister, Derek Mombourquette, did not directly respond when asked if the provincial government was considering some form of bailout.“We’re continuing to monitor the situation,” he said. “Our primary focus … is the environmental and marine regulations.”Mombourquette also said the industry is going through growing pains.“I still believe there’s great potential for Nova Scotia in the tidal energy sector,” he said. “There’s a number of players from around the world that are still involved.”Both Dempsey and White stressed that the end of Naval Energies’ involvement in tidal energy did not mean the end of research and development in the Bay of Fundy.Dempsey said a number of smaller companies are moving ahead with less ambitious projects.“There was never any certainty that (Cape Sharp) would be successful,” he said. “All of this feels kind of strange right now, but it was kind of anticipated. Often in technology developments, it’s the disruptive technology that ends of being successful. The big ones sometime start up and fail, and then others come forth.”In the coming weeks, U.S.-based Bigmoon Power is expected to deploy a 100-kilowatt prototype in the bay, using an onshore generator that is connected by high-strength ropes to a barge that will move with the tides.Meanwhile, Black Rock Tidal — a subsidiary of Schottel Hydro of Germany — is hoping to deploy a floating array of 40 small turbines that will be anchored to the floor of the bay.last_img read more

October 13, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_img“A few weeks ago, he supported our government’s plan to move more crude by rail. But today, now, he’s suggesting he’s going to call up CP and CN and somehow try to scuttle the deal,” she said.“I have to say I am shocked by how irresponsible of him this is. And I honestly expected more from someone putting forth their name to lead the province.”Notley has said the rail plan will net $2.2 billion for taxpayers, because the increased traffic is expected to boost commercial, royalty, and tax revenue by $5.9 billion.“It is a sensible, practical and profitable plan that is part of our job to stand up for Albertans,” the premier said in the video. “I am surprised that Mr. Kenney would choose to score political points over standing up for Albertans. Kenney said he will be contacting Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway to urge them not to invest too much in the agreement given that it could be shelved if his United Conservatives win the vote.An election can be called any time now and by law must be concluded no later than the last day of May.“If elected, a United Conservative government will do everything within our power to cancel the NDP’s reckless $4-billion expenditure of borrowed tax dollars to interfere in the market,” said Kenney.He suggested that oil companies would ship more oil by rail if it were profitable and called the NDP’s plan “corporate welfare.”Kenney also said Alberta can’t afford the deal right now, given its multibillion-dollar deficits and a debt projected to reach $96 billion by 2024.Notley, who was in Grande Prairie, Alta., for a methanol plant announcement, responded via a video on social media in which she accused Kenney of being an opportunistic flip-flopper. EDMONTON, A.B. – Opposition Leader Jason Kenney says if he wins the spring election, he will try to cancel Alberta’s $3.7-billion deal with Canada’s two largest railways to ship more oil by rail.“This (deal) is a catastrophic mistake by the NDP,” Kenney told a news conference Wednesday, one day after Premier Rachel Notley announced the province will lease 4,400 railcars to get more oil to foreign markets while the government works to increase pipeline capacity.Notley called the United Conservative leader’s plan irresponsible and arrogant.center_img “I’m also surprised that he has demonstrated such an unprecedented level of arrogance. Let me say this: whoever earns the privilege of leading this province in the future will do so after the votes are counted, not before.”Extra oil shipments by rail are to begin this summer and increase to an estimated 120,000 barrels per day by 2020.Of the 4,440 cars, more than three-quarters are to be new and the rest retrofitted.The province initially believed it would need 7,000 cars, but says it was able to lower that number because it found better routes to market.Notley said shipments of grain should not be disrupted by increased oil traffic on rail lines.Kenney has said a United Conservative government would review all contracts signed by the NDP since Feb. 1 to make sure they are good for Albertans.last_img read more

October 12, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgGodhra: It got noticed on the world map 17 years ago due to the infamous train burning incident and the state-wide riots it triggered in Gujarat, but Muslims of this small town say they have long buried the infamous past and want their political leaders to focus on development.A large number of Muslim residents, most of whom are traders and small businessmen, said the area has remained largely peaceful since the 2002 riots and many give credit for that to the BJP rule in the state. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM'”After 2002, no major riot has been reported here. There is a general perception among us that peace would prevail till the BJP is in power. That is the reason why many of us supports BJP,” said Haji Farukh Kesri, a prominent businessman of Polan Bazar area. His two automobile shops are situated right near Polan Bazar chowk where Indian tricolour is hoisted everyday since 2005 by local Muslims. “Peace and development go together. If there will be peace, we will be able to grow our businesses. There is absolutely no rift among Hindus and Muslims here. Many of my employees as well as my customers are Hindus. We want to preserve this atmosphere. This is required for our development,” he said. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KGodhra town falls under Panchmahal Lok Sabha seat, which goes to polls on April 23 along with 25 other parliamentary constituencies in Gujarat. All the seats are currently held by the BJP. As per estimates, Godhra has a population of around 1.90 lakhs people and nearly 40 per cent of them are Muslims. The entire Panchmahal constituency has over 17 lakh voters, including 2.18 lakh Muslims. Muslims in the town are almost unanimous that they have moved on in their lives since the 2002 ‘Godhra Kaand’, in which 59 passengers of Sabarmati Express, many of whom were returning from Ayodhya, died after a coach of the train was burnt, triggering riots across Gujarat in which over 1,000 people, mostly of minority community, lost their lives. “No one even discusses what happened in 2002. We have moved on. And, why should we remember it when we were not involved in it. We don’t know who were behind it,” Mohammad Hussein said at a paan shop outside Signal Falia, a Muslim locality right opposite the Godhra railway station. Signal Falia came into limelight after it was alleged that the locals from this locality on February 27, 2002 set ablaze the S6 coach of Sabarmati Express. “Most people of this area are not even aware today about the incident. Why should we remember it when we have not done anything wrong?” said Wasim Kazi, standing near a wall separating Signal Falia and Godhra Junction. Apart from Signal Falia, Muslims mostly live in Saatpul Bazaar and Polan Bazaar areas of the town. In Polan Bazaar, many Muslims said the BJP government in the state has ensured continued peace, which they said is crucial for their businesses. However, there are supporters of Congress and other parties as well. Abdul Hamid, who runs a scrap business, said the Muslim voter are equally divided between the Congress and the BJP. “Not all Muslims vote for Congress. There are many who like the BJP. Our sitting MP Prabhatsinh Chauhan remains in touch with us and attends our functions. We want politicians to focus more on solving our basic issues, such as better roads and healthcare, rather than going on religious lines. There is no reason for remembering 2002, he said.last_img read more

October 12, 2019 | |Post a Comment

first_imgBrussels – Morocco, through the Casablanca Finance City (CFC), is well positioned to exploit the investment opportunities in Africa and participate in the African upcoming financial boom, said on Tuesday the Thomas More Institute, an independent European think tank based in Brussels and Paris.While Africa is faced with huge issues due to its by development, Morocco, through the CFC, chose to address the challenge by seeking to establish itself as the financial hub that the continent needs, noted the Institute in an analysis entitled “Morocco, a hub of African financial integration?”Placing its analysis in an African geopolitical and geo-economic context which is continuously changing, the think tank noted that the CFC highlights the undeniable assets of Morocco and Casablanca metropolis as a hub to take advantage of Africa’s financial boom.last_img read more